Friday, September 5, 2008

form template cannot be opened in Microsoft Office InfoPath because it contains code that requires a version of the Microsoft Common language runtime

I received this error while trying to open an InfoPath form.

the form template cannot be opened in Microsoft Office InfoPath because it contains code that requires a version of the Microsoft Common language runtime that is not currently installed

I searched Google and MSDN but no solutions or even mention of this problem. After watching some tv last night and installing XP SP3 on my home computer it came to me that the CLR library needs to somehow get updated or fixed. But Windows had already been repaired and Office 2007 reinstalled, that should have fixed it but nope.

Hmmm.... I got it, let's try to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and see what happens. There have been improvements made to the CLR in 3.5 SP1 and should maybe update the missing dlls. Sure enough after installing 3.5 SP1 and trying to open the form again it opened without problems.

So installing the latest version of the .NET framework fixed the issue.

1 comment:

digital certificate said...

Thank you for the explanation! I looked for this information hours and I tried to do a lot of things but nothing worked. On your blog I can always find what I need. Thank you so much !