Friday, October 24, 2008

SharePoint The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_LogChange', database 'SharePoint_AdminContent_, schema dbo

You may receive an error similar to the one below when upgrading or installing a hotfix on SharePoint. I received this and SharePoint didn't tell me anything more than this error message. 

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_LogChange', database SharePoint_AdminContent, schema dbo

To resolve this I logged into the SharePoint web server as the Application Pool account that SharePoint was running under and also granted this user dbo rights on the SharePoint_AdminContent database. I then ran the SharePoint ConfigurationWizard again and the upgrade completed successfully.

1 comment:

digital signature Adobe Reader said...

Congratulations, your blog is appealing and informative. Going through your Information, I found quite a few new ideas to implement.