Thursday, November 11, 2010

SharePoint 2010 Backward Compatible Document Library Events

They still work. Hooray!!

When I go to the SharePoint 2010 document library settings I can see:

Specify the assembly name, class name and properties for the document library's event handler. WSS_LONG_NAME will call this event handler when items in the document library are inserted, updated, or deleted.

Not sure what "WSS_LONG_NAME" is but apparently it will call my SharePoint 2010 document library event handler.

To enable this to show, I went to Central Admin of my SharePoint 2010 farm, Manage Web Applications, select the web application and then click on Resource Throttling. There will be a radio button to turn this (backward compatible document library events) on or off.

3 comments:

Marc Charmois said...

Thank you !!!
I was looking for the new location of this...

Marc Charmois said...

Just a precision:

assume your assembly is

MyCompany.MyProject, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=62c9bce221e9429c

and your class DocEvent
but you have a namespace like MyCompany.MyProject.EventHandlers


so in the field assemblyname copy the complete assembly reference ie:
MyCompany.MyProject, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=62c9bce221e9429c

and in the field classname don't forget the namespace so, in our case:
MyCompany.MyProject.EventHandlers.DocEvent

digital signature said...

Very efficiently written information. It will be helpful to everyone who will use it, including me. Almost certainly I’m likely to bookmark your blog.