Thursday, July 24, 2008

Finding the SQL behind a Crystal Report

I need to find the SQL that generated a Crystal Report. All I had was the report definition file and Visual Studio 2008.

After creating a new DSN (Windows XP users click here for instructions) I opened up the report in VS and clicked the Crystal Reports menu at the top. Then Database -> Show SQL Query. A wizard will popup, click the Back button, choose the newly created DSN for your database and then click Next. Login with your credentials and click Finish. Whalla (spelling??) I now see the previously hidden SQL.

2 comments:

electronic signature Microsoft said...

I also came across a requirement in which I needed to find the SQL that generated a Crystal Report.I was not knowing about how to do this and searched over internet.Your blog helped me and saved me a lot of time.Thanks

Sugar Land TV Repairs said...

Thanks for tthe post